Secret Food Tours Rome
By booking our Rome award-winning food tour, you will have the opportunity to enjoy some of the finest Italian foods in this world-famous city. You will try freshly prepared pizzas, taste homemade pastas and Supplí (risotto balls), sample the finest cheeses and wines, and drink the best coffee in town. To top it off you will finish with a great artisanal gelato and, with all our food tours, there is a delicious Secret Dish to try (which you can only find out on your tour).
This tour takes you into the heart of Rome, by historical monuments, in picturesque markets, inside beautiful restaurants and secret places off the tourist trail.
You and your friends and family will embark on a three-hour gastronomy tour around the world-famous Piazza Navona area (a beautiful city square built in the 1st century AD). All foods, cheeses, desserts and drinks (such as coffee and wines), and a professional tour passing its most famous areas (Campo dei Fiori Market and his unknown neighborhood, Roman ruins, Jewish Ghetto) are included in the price.
Once our experienced local guide concludes Secret Food Tour Rome, you will leave with a stomach full of the best food in Rome, plus local knowledge and sightseeing tips, to enhance the pleasure of your trip that will last with you for a lifetime.
When you come on our Secret Food Tours in Rome, you will get to try many famous Italian dishes, all guaranteed to get your taste buds tingling.
- Firstly, your local Italian guide will take you to a delightful little café at the world famous Piazza Navona, to soak up the atmosphere and taste "brewed to perfection" Italian cappuccino or espresso.
- Next you will try the best and most fresh pizzas in town (three types).
- Your personal guide will explain the history of the square and the surrounding areas including the Jewish Ghetto, Campo dei Fiori the oldest market in town, the medieval and intimate "off the beaten paths" neighbourhood, until the Jewish Ghetto, the birthplace of Roman cuisine.
- Your tour will continue to a shop that specialises in Supplí, fried risotto balls and you will take a trip to the fantastic vegetable market at Campo Dei Fiori.
- You will get a detailed explanation of the main monuments we meet on our way and you will learn the connection with the local traditions and history.
- Taste two traditional Roman pastas in a small restaurant near the old Jewish quarter, and learn the real history of Spaghetti alla Carbonara.
- In one of the best delicacy shop in Rome you will enjoy the finest Italian cheeses, paired with the best wines.
- Nothing better to finish the tour with a wonderful artisanal Gelato, made with the freshest ingredients, in the most charming area of Rome.
- Oh, and of course there is our delicious Secret Dish, too!
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.